Fried Chicken and Waffles
Tags: Brunch, Chicken, Savory, Sweet, Waffle
Course: Breakfast, Brunch
This became a favorite in our household fast! The combination of sweet and savory is perfect, and the crunch of the chicken and waffles keeps you wanting more! The jam adds a fruity flavor and just the right amount of sweetness - if you use a pepper jelly you can get a jolt of heat as well!
- 2 lbs chicken breast
- 1 egg beaten with 1 Tbsp water
- white flour (may use GF)
- breadcrumbs (optional)
- peper jam or pear jam
- maple syrup
- 2 cups Salute Santé! Grapeseed Oil, for frying
- Cut chicken breasts into equal size pieces. Place on platter.
- Sprinkle cutlets with salt & pepper.
- Create 3 dipping stations - beaten flour, egg and breadcrumbs.
- Dip each cutlet into the flour, shake excess off.
- Repeat in egg mixture then breadcrumbs. Omit the breadcrumbs if doing a Gluten Free version. Repeat in GF flour after egg.
- Heat grapeseed oil to hot (350 degrees F)
- Place cutlets into hot grapeseed oil. Oil should be lightly sizzling.
- Fry until golden brown. Turn and repeat till golden on the other side.
- Remove from the pan. Place on paper towels to absorb excess oil.
- Warm waffles. Add jam to waffle.
- Place 1 chicken cutlet on waffle.
- Drizzle maple syrup over chicken and waffle.