1 bunch jumbo asparagus
12 fava beans (2/3 pods per salad)
1/2 red onion sliced
1 florence fennel bulb
1/2 pound curly wild arugula
1 head frisee
1 dozen Nasturtium flowers and leaves
4 oz. reggiano parmigiano
2 oz. sherry vinegar
4 oz. extra virgin olive oil
1 Tbsp. black truffle paste
1 Tbsp. fresh oregano
pinch of salt and pepper
1 egg per person
1/2 cup flour
1 beaten egg
1 cup panko bread crumbs
2 cups Salute Sante! Original Cold Pressed Grapeseed Oil
Chef Mauro Pando Grace’s Table
1. Wash all greens.
2. Shave asparagus lengthwise to create ribbons
3. Using a mandolin, shave fennel and red onion into very thin slices.
4. Break frisee head into curly little leaves.
5. Toss all greens into salad bowl.
6. Dress salad.
7. Top with arugula, fava beans, nasturtium flowers and leaves and shaved Parmesan.
1. Using a whisk blend the oil slowly into the vinegar, herbs and truffle paste to be loosely emulsified.
2. Add seasoning.
3. Don’t worry if it separates, it is supposed to be a vinaigrette not a creamy dressing.
4. Dress salad.
1.Place eggs in boiling water for 5 minutes.
2. Put directly into ice bath.
3. Peel eggs.
4. Follow classic breading procedure: Roll egg into flour, then beaten egg, then bread crumbs.
5. At this point, eggs can be held until ready to serve.
6. Deep fry at 350 degrees with Salute Sante! Grapeseed Oil until golden brown.
7. Place on paper towel to absorb excess oil.
8. Place egg on top of salad.