1 1/2 pounds roasted or grilled chicken breast
1 granny smith apple, diced into 1/4 inch pieces
1/2 cup raisins or currants
1/2 cup minced scallions
2 stalks celery, diced
6 butter leaves, washed and dried
1 avocado, sliced into pieces
1/4 cup slivered toasted almonds
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1/2 Cup Original Grapeseed Oil
1 Tbsp. freshly squeezed lime juice
1 Tbsp. curry powder
1/2 tsp. ground ginger
1/2 tsp. salt
We use Whole Spice ginger and curry powder as they have fresh, robust flavors and beautiful color. The light delicate taste of the grapeseed oil allows the intense flavors of ginger and curry to shine in this dish.
1. Chop the chicken into ½-inch pieces and put them in a medium-sized bowl.
2. Toss in the apple, raisins, scallions, and celery to the same bowl with the chicken.
3. Separately, whisk together the grapeseed oil, lime juice, curry powder, ginger, and salt until creamy.
4. Add the grapeseed oil mixture to the chicken mixture and stir gently until thoroughly combined.
5. Serve atop the lettuce leaves, garnished with the avocado, almonds and cilantro, if desired.