3/4 cup whole wheat flour
3/4 cup unbleached white flour
3/4 cup turbinado sugar (or any sugar)
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/4 cup apple sauce
1/3 cup Salute Santé! Grapeseed Oil
3 ripe bananas
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
Can be made Gluten Free by substituting any All Purpose Gluten Free flour mix
1. Preheat oven to 350º F.
2. Grease and flour a loaf pan.
3. In a large bowl, sift together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside
4. Whisk the egg until foamy in a medium-size bowl.
5. Add the apple sauce and Salute Santé! Grapeseed Oil to the egg.
6. Stir in the bananas and walnuts.
7. Pour the banana mixture over the dry ingredients.
8. Mix until all ingredients are combined.
9. Batter will be quite stiff. Spoon into the prepared pan.
10. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
11. Cool the pan on a wire rack for 5 minutes.
12. Remove from the pan and cool completely on a wire rack.
13. Let rest until cool.
14. Slice and serve.