1/4 cup organic millet
1/8 cup organic buckwheat
1/4 cup organic spelt
1/8 cup organic rye berries
1/4 cup organic wheat berries
1 Tbsp Salute Santé! Chardonnay Grapeseed Oil
1 Tbsp flax seed oil
2 cups water
1/2 cup plain yogurt
organic raisins to taste
chopped organic walnuts to taste
chopped organic almonds to taste
honey to taste
1/2 tsp Grapeseed Flour (Chardonnay or Merlot)
optional: cut apples, stone fruit, applesauce, or compote
Yields about 2 cups of grains total.
Cooked grains can be kept in the refrigerator for about one week and eaten as a cereal or sprinkled over salads.
1. Combine all whole grains except buckwheat.
2. Thoroughly rinse and pick over the grains.
3. Bring water to a boil and add washed grains.
4. Lower heat and simmer about 8 minutes.
5. Add washed buckwheat. Continue to simmer about 8 more minutes.
6. Make sure the water doesn’t evaporate totally but cook until the grains are soft but chewable. Feel free to add more water along the way so as not to burn the grains.
7. While grains are cooking, combine yogurt, Salute Santé! Grapeseed Oil, and flaxseed oil. Mix well until creamy.
8. Place grains into cereal bowl. Add yogurt mixture on top.
9. Sprinkle with grapeseed flour, chopped nuts, raisins, and honey to taste.