3/4 cup whole wheat flour
3/4 cup unbleached white flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
3/4 cup turbinado sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/3 cup Salute Santé! Grapeseed Oil
1/4 cup apple sauce
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
1/4 cup rasins
1 1/2 cup shredded carrots
CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 8-ounce packages cream cheese, softened
1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/2 tsp fresh lemon juice
1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
The cake can be stored in the refrigerator wrapped in plastic wrap for one week.
Our favorite cinnamon is from
Whole Spice. We mix their Organic Cinnamon, Ceylon and Saigon cinnamons together. They are the freshest spices available!
Try using orange juice instead of lemon juice and add zested orange rind on top!
1. Preheat oven to 350º F.
2. Grease and flour a loaf pan.
3. In a large bowl, sift together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
4. Whisk the egg until foamy in a medium-size bowl.
5. Add apple sauce and Salute Santé! Grapeseed Oil.
6. Stir in the carrot, raisins, and walnuts.
7. Pour the carrot mixture over the dry ingredients.
8. Mix until all ingredients are combined.
9. Batter will be quite stiff. Spoon into the prepared pan.
10. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
11. Cool the pan on a wire rack for 5 minutes.
12. Remove from the pan and cool completely on a wire rack.
13. Let rest until cool.
14. Slice and serve.
PREPARE CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:
1. In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat the butter and cream cheese at a high speed until light, about 5 minutes.
2. Beat in the vanilla, lemon juice.
3. Then beat in the confectioners’ sugar.
4. Beat all of the ingredients at a low speed until incorporated.
5. Increase the speed to high and beat until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Lactose Free