10 fresh apples (granny smith,fuji, etc.)
1 lemon, juiced
1 tsp turbinado sugar
2 1/4 cup unbleached flour
1/2 cup Salute Santé! Grapeseed Oil
2 Tbsp room temperature butter
5 Tbsp cold water
3/4 tsp salt
Substitutes: Great with other fresh fruit: pears, quince, peaches or berries.
1. Sift the flour and salt into a large bowl.
2. Add the Salute Santé! Grapeseed Oil and butter to the flour and salt.
3. Beat with a mixer until particles are the size of small peas, about 30 seconds.
4. Slowly add water, one tablespoon at a time, until particles are moistened. Use only enough water to make the pastry form a ball.
5. Chill in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
6. Roll to 1/8-inch thickness between 2 waxed paper sheets.
7. Place pastry on a pie plate or tart dish (makes two 8 or 9-inch single crusts or one 8 or 9-inch double crust.)
8. Press firmly against bottom and sides and shape into tart dish.
9. Trim and crimp edges. Tow 8 or 9-inch single crusts or one 8 or 9-inch double crust.
1. Preheat the oven to 400º F.
2. Cut apples into thin slices lengthwise.
3. Arrange fruit slices by fanning them out around the tart dish, overlapping as you go. Complete the circle.
4. Squeeze fresh lemon juice over the whole tart.
5. Sprinkle with sugar.
6. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes.