3 fresh d’Anjou or Bartlett pears
3 Tbsp Salute Santé! Extra Virgin Cold Pressed Chardonnay Grapeseed Oil
1/4 cup lemon, juiced
1 tsp lemon zest
1 tsp turbinado sugar
1/2 tsp salt
Turbinado sugar may be substituted for raw sugar.
1. Whisk oil and lemon juice together in a small bowl.
2. Add sugar, salt and lemon zest to the bowl. Set aside.
3. Cut pears in half lengthwise.
4. Peel and core the pears.
5. Place the pears flat side down onto a serving tray.
6. Slice the pears into thin slices, retaining their overall shape.
7. Fan out slices on the serving tray.
8. Pour the dressing over the pears.
9. Allow the pears to marinate in the dressing for at least 1 hour.
10. Serve with soft cheese and fresh baguette.