2 1/4 cup unbleached flour
1/2 cup Salute Santé! Grapeseed Oil
2 Tbsp room temperature butter
5 Tbsp cold water
3/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1/2 tsp salt
16 oz. pumpkin purée (canned or fresh)
1/4 cup milk
Our favorite source for dried spices is Whole Spice. They have the freshest spices which means more flavor! We love their Organic Cinnamon, Ceylon, and Saigon cinnamons – any will work here mixed with their ground ginger and ground cloves for that magic “pumpkin pie” flavor!
1. Sift the flour and salt into a large bowl.
2. Add the Salute Santé! Grapeseed Oil and butter to the flour and salt.
3. Beat with a mixer until particles are the size of small peas, about 30 seconds.
4. Slowly add water, one tablespoon at a time, until particles are moistened. Use only enough water to make the pastry form a ball.
5. Chill in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
6. Roll to 1/8-inch thickness between 2 waxed paper sheets.
7. Place pastry on a pie plate or tart dish (makes two 8 or 9-inch single crusts or one 8 or 9-inch double crust.)
8. Press firmly against bottom and sides and shape into tart dish.
9. Trim and crimp edges. Tow 8 or 9-inch single crusts or one 8 or 9-inch double crust.
1.Preheat oven to 425º F.
2. Whisk sugar and eggs in a large bowl until creamy.
3. Add all spices and pumpkin to sugar and eggs.
4. Slowly add milk to the bowl while whisking, maintaining a creamy consistency.
5. Pour the mixture into the pie crust.
6. Bake for 50 minutes until set.