Salute Santé! Grapeseed Oil for roasting and sautéing
5# Akaushi beef short ribs
1 yellow sliced onion
1 red pepper, sliced
2 cloves garlic
1 oz. cocoa powder
2 D’arbol chile dry
8 oz. red wine
8 oz. ruby port wine
8 oz. balsamic vinegar
2 oz. soy sauce
64 oz. water
1. Heat the Salute Santé! grapeseed oil in a large pan or Dutch oven.
2. Roast the short ribs whole on each side.
3. Remove the short rib and sauté the onion, peppers, and garlic until translucent; continue with the cocoa powder and D’arbol chile.
4. Return the ribs to the pan.
5. Add the red wine, ruby port, balsamic vinegar, soy sauce and water and bring to a boil.
6. Put on a lid or cover the pan with foil and cook at 350’F for 4 hours.
7. When tender remove the bones and cool the ribs in the refrigerator.
8. Once chilled, cut into nice cubes.
9. Pass the liquid through a fine strainer and reduce to a glaze and reserve.
10. Place the short rib cubes and glaze in a sauté pan and baste until hot and ready to serve.