1 lb Icelandic Cod fillet (thick fillet is best)
Salute Sante! Lemon Grapeseed Oil
1 lemon, juiced
1 pinch Maldon salt
pepper to taste
LEMON EMULSION SAUCE:
1/2 cup chicken or vegetable broth
1 fresh lemon, juiced
1/2 Tbsp butter
2 Tbsp Salute Santé! Chardonnay Grapeseed Oil
1/2 fresh lemon, zested
salt to taste
Can substitute Halibut, Sea Bass or any white light fish.
We always use Maldon salt for a fuller taste profile – it’s just the best! Available at Specialty Food stores.
1. Preheat the oven to 380°.
2. Squeeze fresh lemon juice over both sides of the cod.
3. Grind fresh pepper and sprinkle with Maldon salt on both sides.
4. Drizzle with 2 Tbsp of lemon grapeseed oil and allow to marinate for 10 minutes.
5. Add 1 Tbsp of lemon oil to the pan and heat on high then add fish fillets. Sauté 2 minutes.
6. Remove the pan from the heat and let rest for 30 seconds (best if on a cold surface to release the fillet from the pan).
7. Turn the fish over and return to heat. Cook for an additional 2 minutes.
8. Place the pan in the oven and cook for 7 minutes.
9. Remove from the oven and let rest for 2 minutes and then serve on warm plates.
PREPARE LEMON EMULSION SAUCE:
1.Combine all ingredients in shallow sauce pan and bring to a boil.
2. Reduce the heat and simmer to reduce. About 3 minutes.
3. Pour over fish, chicken or rice.