1 cup fresh green genovese basil leaves (medium packed)
1 cup fresh purple basil leaves (medium packed)
1/4 cup pine nuts
1/4 cup walnuts
1 cup Salute Santé! Grapeseed Oil
2 cloves garlic
1 lb fresh linguini pasta
2 whole zucchinis, sliced into spears
optional: parmesan cheese to taste
optional: pine nuts to garnish
optional: basil sprigs to garnish
Keep refrigerated for up to three weeks.
1. Combine Salute Santé! Grapeseed Oil, garlic, pine nuts, walnuts, salt, and pepper in a blender or food processor. Purée until thick, but smooth (about 1 minute).
2. Add the basil last and continue blending until smooth.
3. Set aside.
1. Cook the linguini according to the package instructions.
2. While cooking, sauté the zucchini spears in grapeseed oil over medium heat until golden.
2. When the linguini and zucchini are cooked, spoon the pesto over the fresh linguini pasta and top with the zucchini.
3. Garnish with grated parmesan cheese, sprigs of fresh basil, and whole pine nuts.