1 small pumpkin or medium squash (butternut, acorn)
1 medium onion
3 cloves garlic
3 Tbsp Salute Santé! Chili Grapeseed Oil
3 Tbsp Salute Santé! Original Grapeseed Oil
3 cups vegetable or chicken stock
1/4 cup sugar
salt & pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350º
2. Cut the squash or pumpkin in half or into large sections. You do not need to peel the skin at this time.
3. Chop the onion and garlic.
4. Place the squash in a baking dish and add the onion and garlic.
5. Spread the Salute Santé! Chili Grapeseed Oil over all the squash sections.
6. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and half of the sugar.
7. Bake 60 to 90 minutes until tender.
8. When squash is tender and can be pierced easily with a fork, remove the onion and garlic from the baking dish and place in a soup pot.
9. Sauté the onion and garlic in Salute Santé! Grapeseed Oil for about 7 minutes.
10. Scoop the squash out of the shell. Add it to the soup pot with the stock.
11. Add the remaining sugar to the pot.
12. Bring to a boil and then simmer for 20 minutes.
13. Remove the soup from the heat and let it cool slightly.
14. Puree until creamy and thick.
- Gluten Free
- Lactose Free