15 mixed variety red tomatoes (more if desired)
1 small onion, chopped fine (optional)
2 Tbsp Salute Santé! Grapeseed Oil
3 cloves of garlic chopped fine
3 bay leaves
3 Tbsp fresh oregano
1 dash(es) turbinado sugar
1/4 cup fresh parsley
sea salt and pepper to taste
Yields: 2-3 cups sauce. You can also freeze sauce for future use.
1. Dice all of the tomatoes into small chunks or mix in a blender for about 30 seconds, just until chopped (if you like a chunkier sauce, only blend half).
2. If using an onion, dice the onion.
3. Sauté the onion in Salute Santé! Grapeseed Oil in a 3-5 quart pot over medium heat until golden.
4. Add the tomatoes to the pot (with onions), cover.
5. Add the garlic, oregano, bay leaves, and parsley to the pot.
6. Simmer for about 20 minutes on low heat, stirring often.
5. Add the sugar, salt, and pepper.
6. Allow to cook on low heat, uncovered about 20 more minutes until thick.
vegetarian, gluten_free, lactose_free