4 medium (1.5 lbs) zucchini, rinsed and ends removed
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 clove garlic, crushed
3/4 cup all-purpose flour (or all-purpose gluten free flour)
1 Tbsp Salute Santé! Grapeseed Flour (Chardonnay or Merlot)
1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
2 tsp fresh parsley, chopped
1/4 tsp black pepper
2 Tbsp Salute Santé! Grapeseed Oil
sour cream or yogurt to taste
1 Tbsp chives, finely chopped
This recipe will make about 16 fritters
1. Rinse and trim the ends off the zucchini and shred using a grater (4 medium zucchini is about 5 cups shredded).
2. Place shredded zucchini in a large mixing bowl and toss with sea salt.
3. Place the zucchini in a colander and then place the colander in the mixing bowl so that the water will drain through.
4. Use a spatula to press the water out of the zucchini. Discard the liquid and repeat the process. The more water you can remove the better.
5. In a separate mixing bowl, combine the eggs, crushed garlic, all-purpose flour, grapeseed flour, Parmesan cheese, parsley, and black pepper.
6. Stir in the zucchini. The mixture will be lumpy.
7. Heat the grapeseed oil in a non-stick skillet on medium-low heat.
8. For each pancake, pour 1⁄4 cup of batter into the pan and cook 2-3 minutes per side until golden brown.
9. When finished cooking, remove the fritters from the pan and place them on a paper towel to absorb excess oil.
10. Serve warm.
11. Optional: top with sour cream or yogurt and finely chopped chives.
- Lactose Free
PRODUCTS IN THIS RECIPE