1 large beet
1 cup cooked chickpeas
2 Tbsp tahini
2 Tbsp Roasted Garlic grapeseed Oil
1 lemon (juiced and zested)
2 Tbsp water (more or less as necessary)
1/8 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
Hummus will keep in the refrigerator for up to one week.
1. Cut the large beet into quarters.
2. Boil the beets in a pot of water for about 15 minutes.
3. When finished cooking, slide the skin off the beets while cooling under running water.
3. Add beets to a blender or food processor.
4. Add chickpeas, lemon zest, lemon juice, tahini, salt, and 2 Tbsp of roasted garlic grapeseed oil to the blender.
5. Blend until smooth.
6. Drizzle in more oil and water until desired consistency is reached.
7. Add black pepper to taste.
Serve with crudités, crackers or as a sandwich spread.