2 cups shelled fava beans (approximately 2 lbs in pods)
5 Tbsp Salute Sante! Basil Grapeseed Oil
1 handful fresh basil leaves
2 cloves garlic
4 Tbsp water
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
2 lbs of fava bean pods will yield just over 2 cups of shelled fava beans.
1. Shell the outer husk off the fava beans.
2. Steam or blanch the beans until the inner shell comes loose, about 10 minutes.
3. Remove the shells from the inner bean by pinching the ends of the pod.
4. Blend the fava beans with all other ingredients in blender until creamy.
5. If the dip is too thick, add more water until the desired consistency is reached.
- Gluten Free
- Lactose Free