1 bulb fresh fennel
Salute Santé! Cold Pressed Grapeseed Oil
1 squeeze of lemon
shaved pecorino romano cheese to taste
4 slices Tuscan style bread
salt and pepper to taste
It’s best to shave the fennel and cheese with a mandolin for thin, uniform slices.
1. Slice or shave the fennel paper thin.
2. Shave the cheese.
3. Toast the bread.
4. In a bowl, toss the shaved fennel, cold pressed grapeseed oil, and lemon juice.
5. Place a thin layer of the fennel on the bread slices.
6. Add the cheese shavings to the top of the bread and fennel.
7. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.