2 1/4 cup unbleached flour
1/2 cup Salute Santé! Grapeseed Oil
2 Tbsp room temperature butter
5 Tbsp cold water
3/4 tsp salt
1 lb mozzarella, thinly sliced
2 lbs ripe tomatoes, thinly sliced
2 tsp fresh chopped oregano
1/4 cup kalamita olives, pitted & sliced
fresh ground pepper
1 Tbls Salute Santé! Roasted Garlic Grapeseed Oil
1 Tbls Salute Santé! Basil Grapeseed Oil
Any extra dough can be frozen for future use.
1. Sift the flour and salt into a large bowl.
2. Add the Salute Santé! Grapeseed Oil and butter to the flour and salt.
3. Beat with a mixer until particles are the size of small peas, about 30 seconds.
4. Slowly add water, one tablespoon at a time, until particles are moistened. Use only enough water to make the pastry form a ball.
5. Chill in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
6. Roll to 1/8-inch thickness between waxed paper.
7. Place pastry into a pie plate or tart dish (makes two 8 or 9-inch single crusts or one 8 or 9-inch double crust.)
8. Press firmly against bottom and sides and shape into tart dish.
9. Trim and crimp edges. Yields two 8 or 9-inch single crusts or one 8 or 9-inch double crust.
1. Preheat oven to 350°F
2. Layer tart with mozzarella.
3. Fan out slices of tomatoes around the tart, overlapping for second layer until tart is full of slices.
4. Sprinkle fresh chopped herbs, olives, salt and pepper over tart.
5. Drizzle with Salute Santé! Basil and Roasted Garlic Grapeseed Oils.
6. Bake until crust is golden, about 30 minutes.