1/2 cup Salute Santé! Original Grapeseed Oil
1 1/2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
2 eggs, lightly beaten
2 cups cake flour or Gluten Free flour
2-3 Tbsp grapeseed flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 tsp. ground ginger
1/2 tsp. ground cloves
1/4 cup milk
1 – 1/2 cup canned or fresh pumpkin puree
1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
Confectioners’ sugar, for dusting
This cake can be made with gluten free flour- a favorite holiday dish for all!
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Butter a rosette pan or other pan. Dust with flour.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, add brown sugar and eggs and beat on high speed until creamy and no longer granular, 6-7 min.
- Gradually add the Salute Santé! Original Grapeseed Oil
- Continue beating until light and fluffy, 3-4 min more..
- Sift together flour, grapeseed flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger and cloves onto a sheet of waxed paper; sift again.
- Fold one-third of dry ingredients into mixture, then half the milk and half the pumpkin; repeat with one-third of dry ingredients.
- Fold in remaining one-third of dry ingredients and milk and pumpkin, then nuts until thoroughly blended.This
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake until cake springs back when touched and pulls away from sides of pan, 35-40 min.
- Let cake cool 5-10 min., then remove from pan.
- Transfer cake to a wire rack and let cool 1 hr.
- Dust with confectioners’ sugar before serving.
- Gluten Free