Fresh Basil Pesto
Tags: Basil, Farm Fresh, Garlic, Gluten Free, Lactose Free, Pesto, Sauce, Vegetarian
Basil pesto is one of our favorite sauces. We add it to pasta, on top of grilled vegetables, grilled chicken, or even as a dip with bread. Making basil pesto is so easy and tastes much better when made fresh.
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 1/8 cup pine nuts
- 1/8 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup Salute Santé! Grapeseed Oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients except the basil in a blender or food processor.
- Blend on purée.
- Add the basil leaves. Purée until thick, but smooth (about 1 minute).
- Serve over fresh pasta and vegetables. Garnish with grated parmesan cheese (optional), sprigs of fresh basil and whole pine nuts.
- Option: Mix with rice and lightly steamed al denté vegetables and serve cold on a bed of lettuce.
Can keep refrigerated up to 3 weeks or freeze into ice cube tray for individual servings.