Caesar Salad Dressing
We have been so inspired by Chef Nancy Silverton and her amazing version of Caesar Salad we have been enjoying anchovies to new heights! We settled on this Salute Santé! version pushing the anchovy bar higher and the addition of Bagna Cauda Croutons takes it over the top!
- 1/2 cup Salute Santé! Grapeseed Oil
- 1 tbsp Salute Santé! Champagne Vinegar
- 1 large Egg yolk
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 Oil-packed anchovy fillets or more to taste, up to 6 fillets see note
- 2 medium Cloves garlic, minced (about 2 teaspoons)
- 1 tsp (5ml) Worcestershire sauce
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Optional 1/2 oz. Parmesan cheese, finely grated (about 1/4 cup)
- Optional Sliced anchovies
- Combine egg yolk, champagne vinegar, anchovies, mustard, worcestershire sauce and garlic in a blender, or in the bottom of the mini chopper attachment of a food processor.
- With the blender or processor running, slowly drizzle in grapeseed oil until a smooth emulsion forms.
- Season to taste generously with salt and pepper.
- Caesar dressing can be stored in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- Optional: Sprinkle grated cheese over plated lettuce and dressing. Add sliced anchovies
The number of anchovies and amount of Worcestershire sauce used can be varied according to your taste and the size of the anchovies. For a Vegan version omit the egg - dressing will be less creamy, but still delicious!
- 3 cloves Garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp Salute Santé! Grapeseed Oil
- 1/2 tsp Butter
- Day old hearty bread, ripped into small pieces
- Chopped anchovies
- Heat grapeseed oil in small sauce pan.
- Add butter, garlic and anchovies. Stir to combine.
- Simmer until garlic begins to get color. Be careful not to burn it!
- Continue to stir. Remove from heat.
- Place ripped bread pieces on a baking sheet.
- Pour oil/garlic/anchovy mixture over the bread. Completely saturate the bread.
- Bake on 375 F about 10 minutes until golden and crispy.
- Sprinkle over Caesar Salad.