Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Tags: Healthful, Healthy, Sauce
Course: Side Dish
A unique take on a classic - cilantro pesto - adds a great unexpected flavor to chicken, pork or rice and beans. Great without cheese, but nothing like it with a hearty serving of grated parmesan over pasta or grilled veggies!
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro washed and de-stemmed
- 1/3 cup pistachios
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 cup Salute Santé! Grapeseed Oil.
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/3 grated parmesan cheese optional
- Wash the cilantro.
- Separate the cilantro leaves and soft stems from stronger stems.
- Set aside to dry on a towel.
- Combine the pistachios, garlic, grapeseed oil, salt and pepper in blender.
- Blend until combined.
- Add the cilantro leaves.
- Blend until well blended to desired thickness.
- If serving over pasta, add grated cheese.
Great with pasta, grilled veggies, chicken or pork, or as a dip with fresh veggies. Great with black beans and rice.