Crab Louie Salad
- 2 Heads butter lettuce
- 2 Hard boiled eggs
- 4 Cornichons, 1/4 inch dice
- 1 Stalk celery, 1/4 inch dice
- 1 Avocado
- 1 lb Crab meat
- 1 Green onion, finely diced
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 Cup Salute Santé! Cold Pressed grapeseed oil
- 1/4 Cup Seasoned rice wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Freshly squeezed Meyer lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp Black pepper
- Zest of half a Meyer lemon
- 1 Cup Mayonnaise or Follow Your Heart Vegenaise
- 1/2 Cup Ketchup
- 1/4 Cup Lemon juice
- Tabasco sauce to taste
- Black pepper and salt to taste
- Combine the mayonnaise, ketchup and lemon juice in a bowl.
- Mix with a whisk until well combined.
- Add Tabasco, salt and black pepper to taste.
- Refrigerate until needed.
- Put the green onion and the mustard into a small bowl.
- Whisk in the lemon juice and the vinegar until combined.
- Slowly drizzle in the Salute Santé! Cold Pressed grapeseed oil while continually whisking until all is incorporated.
- Add black pepper and season with salt.
- Let the dressing stand for an hour, then strain to remove the green onion.
- First, remove the stem from the butter lettuce.
- Carefully wash the leaves to remove any excess dirt and spin dry.
- Dress the leaves with the vinaigrette, making sure to get every part of the leaves.
- Arrange the lettuce in four bowls, starting with the large leaves on the bottom and moving to the small leaves to form the shape of a flower.
- Using a spoon, sprinkle the diced egg, cornichon and the celery evenly on top of the four salads.
- Marinate the crab meat with a little of the vinaigrette and distribute evenly between the four salads.
- Drizzle the Louie dressing liberally over each salad.
- Place the remaining Louie dressing on the table for those who enjoy a little extra with their salad.
- Cut the avocado into four pieces lengthwise and then separate from the pit.
- Peel away the skin from each avocado piece and lay them on a cutting board.
- Slice each quarter of avocado 3/4 of the way up.
- Season with salt and pepper and then fan out on top of each salad before serving.
Recipe courtesy of Clint Davies
Products In This Recipe
No items found