- 1 can Rinsed and drained, or 1 ½ cups cooked chickpeas
- 1/4 cup Lemon juice
- 1 Large minced garlic clove
- 1/2 tsp. Fine sea salt, to taste
- 1/2 cup Tahini
- 1/2 tsp. Ground Cumin
- 1 tbsp Salute Santé Roasted Garlic Grapeseed Oil
- Place the chickpeas in a medium saucepan and cover the chickpeas with several inches of water. Bring the mixture to a boil over high heat. Continue boiling for about 20 minutes, or until the chickpea skins are falling off. Drain the chickpeas and run cool water over them for about 30 seconds. Remove any chickpea skins that remain for a light and creamy texture.
- In a food processor or blender, combine the lemon juice, garlic and salt. Process until the garlic is very finely chopped.
- Add the tahini to the food processor and blend,stopping to scrape down any tahini stuck to the sides of the processor as necessary.
- Add the chickpeas to the food processor. While blending, drizzle in Salute Santé Roasted Garlic Grapeseed Oil. Blend until the mixture is super smooth, scraping down the sides of the processor as necessary.
- Scrape the hummus into a serving bowl or platter, and use a spoon to create nice swooshes on top. Top with a splash of Salute Santé Garlic Grapeseed Oil and a sprinkle of cumin and enjoy!