Curied Chicken Salad
Tags: Chicken, Healthful, Healthy, Spring, Summer
Course: Brunch, Salad
This is a great recipe for left over chicken or as a main dish for lunch, brunch or as a hot night’s dinner!
- 1 1/2 lbs roasted or grilled chicken breast or tofu
- 1 granny smith apple diced into 1/4 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup raisins or currants
- 1/2 cup minced scallions
- 2 stalks celery diced
- 6 butter leaves washed and dried
- 1 avocado sliced into pieces
- 1/4 cup silvered toasted almonds
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup Salute Santé! Original Grapeseed Oil or Follow Your Heart Grapeseed Oil Vegenaise
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Chop the chicken into ½-inch pieces and put them in a medium-sized bowl.
- Toss in the apple, raisins, scallions, and celery to the same bowl with the chicken.
- Separately, whisk together the grapeseed oil, lime juice, curry powder, ginger, and salt until creamy.
- Add the grapeseed oil mixture to the chicken mixture and stir gently until thoroughly combined.
- Serve atop the lettuce leaves, garnished with the avocado, almonds and cilantro, if desired.
We use Whole Spice ginger and curry powder as they have fresh, robust flavors and beautiful color. The light delicate taste of the grapeseed oil allows the intense flavors of ginger and curry to shine in this dish. We also love Follow Your Heart Grapeseed Oil Vegenaise which will give the dressing a delicious, creamy finish.
Products In This Recipe
Cold Pressed 1 GAL Grapeseed Oil
Cold Pressed Grapeseed Oil 750ML Glass Bottle
Cold Pressed Grapeseed Oil 1L 3-Pack