Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Waiting Time 10 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
Tags: Bake, Bread, Lactose Free, Nut, Vegetarian, Zucchini
Course: Breakfast, Brunch, Dessert
This is one of our favorite ways to use the garden zucchinis that grow rapidly during the summer months. A slice is perfect with just a little bit of butter.
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup unbleached white flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup turbinado sugar or any sugar
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup Salute Santé! Grapeseed Oil.
- 1/4 cup apple sauce
- 1 cup grated zucchini
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Grease and flour a loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, spices and salt.
- Whisk egg until foamy in a medium-size bowl.
- Add apple sauce and Salute Santé! Grapeseed Oil.
- Stir in the zucchini, raisins and walnuts.
- Pour the zucchini mixture over the dry ingredients.
- Mix until all ingredients are combined.
- Batter will be quite stiff. Spoon into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool pan on a wire rack for 5 minutes.
- Remove from pan and cool completely on a wire rack.
- Let rest until cool.
- Slice and serve.
Can be made Gluten Free by substituting any All Purpose Gluten Free flour mix
Products In This Recipe
No items found