Flourless Chocolate Beet Cake
Tags: Bake, Baking, Beet, Chocolate, Egg, Gluten Free, Lactose Free, Vegetarian
The beet consistency provides so much decadence and keeps the cake moist that you won't even miss regular flour. The almond meal and grapeseed flour add a nutty flavor and texture that tie the whole dessert together.
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Cut the large beet into quarters.
- Boil the beets in a pot of water for about 15 minutes.
- While the beets are boiling, combine the chocolate, butter, and grapeseed oil in a bowl set over simmering water.
- Stir until chocolate is melted and smooth. Then let cool to room temperature.
- When the beets are finished cooking, slide the skin off the beets while cooling under running water.
- Add the beets to a blender or food processor and purée. Set the beets aside.
- Separate the egg yolks from the egg whites. Keep both.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the egg yolks and granulated sugar until light and well-blended.
- Add the cooled chocolate to egg mixture, whisking well.
- Measure out one cup of the puréed beets and stir them into bowl.
- Add the almond meal, grapeseed flour, and remaining beet purée.
- With an electric mixer, beat the egg whites with powdered sugar until soft peaks form.
- Fold egg whites into the chocolate mixture just until combined.
- Pour the mixture into a spring pan.
- Bake for about 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Center will be "jiggly".
- Let cool on a wire rack.
- Optional: Serve with whipped cream and raspberries and Perfect Puree's raspberry sauce.
We love a dollop of whipped cream drizzled with Perfect Puree’s raspberry sauce - adds a rich, creamy finish to a perfect chocolate cake! Perfect Puree Ingredient: Perfect Puree Red Rasberry Sauce