Tags: Baguette, Cheese, Marinate, Party Snack, Simple, Skinny, Summer, Vegetarian
Course: Appetizer, Dessert, Snack
This dessert can be made year round but is extra delicious when pears are in season. Pears are already an elegant fruit, but fanning out the slices makes the dish look even more impressive. Pairing with a soft cheese and fresh baguette creates a lovely sweet and savory blend.
- 3 fresh d'Anjou or Bartlett pears
- 1.5 tbsp Salute Santé! Extra Virgin Cold Pressed Chardonnay Grapeseed Oil
- 1.5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juiced
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp turbinado sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Whisk oil and lemon juice together in a small bowl.
- Add sugar, salt and lemon zest to the bowl. Set aside.
- Cut pears in half lengthwise.
- Peel and core the pears.
- Place the pears flat side down onto a serving tray.
- Slice the pears into thin slices, retaining their overall shape.
- Fan out slices on the serving tray.
- Pour the dressing over the pears.
- Allow the pears to marinate in the dressing for at least 1 hour.
- Serve with soft cheese and fresh baguette.
Turbinado sugar may be substituted for raw sugar.