Best Beef Short Ribs
Cook Time: 4 hours
Total Time: 4 hours
Tags: Beef, Comfort, Dairy Free, Dinner, Fall, Gourmet, Roasted, Savory
Course: Main Course
The best short ribs in Napa are at TORC Restaurant. This delicious dish is perfect for a cool night as the temperature is changing. It reminds me of a dish my mother made, just notched up 100 points!!! Thank you Chef Sean for serving such delicious food!
- Salute Santé! Grapeseed Oil
- 5 lbs. Akaushi beef short ribs
- 1 Yellow sliced onion
- 1 Red pepper, sliced
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1 oz Cocoa powder
- 2 D'arbol chili dry
- 8 oz Red wine
- 8 oz Ruby port wine
- 8 oz Balsamic vinegar
- 2 oz Soy sauce
- 64 oz Water
- Heat the Salute Santé! grapeseed oil in a large pan or Dutch oven.
- Roast the short ribs whole on each side.
- Remove the short rib and sauté the onion, peppers, and garlic until translucent; continue with the cocoa powder and D’arbol chile.
- Return the ribs to the pan.
- Add the red wine, ruby port, balsamic vinegar, soy sauce and water and bring to a boil.
- Put on a lid or cover the pan with foil and cook at 350’F for 4 hours.
- When tender remove the bones and cool the ribs in the refrigerator.
- Once chilled, cut into nice cubes.
- Pass the liquid through a fine strainer and reduce to a glaze and reserve.
- Place the short rib cubes and glaze in a sauté pan and baste until hot and ready to serve.