Linguine with Purple Leaf Basil Pesto
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Tags: Basil, Comfort, Dinner, Nut, Pesto, Vegetarian
Course: Main Course
An unexpected take on pesto. Looks beautiful with other seasonal salads and harvest vegetables and is just as delicious as traditional pesto.
- 1 cup fresh green genovese basil leaves medium packed
- 1 cup fresh purple basil leaves medium packed
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1 cup Salute Santé! Grapeseed Oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 lb fresh linguini pasta
- 2 whole zucchinis sliced into spears
- parmesan cheese to taste optional
- pine nuts to garnish optional
- basil sprigs to garnish optional
- Combine Salute Santé! Grapeseed Oil, garlic, pine nuts, walnuts, salt, and pepper in a blender or food processor. Purée until thick, but smooth (about 1 minute).
- Add the basil last and continue blending until smooth.
- Set aside.
- Cook the linguini according to the package instructions.
- While cooking, sauté the zucchini spears in grapeseed oil over medium heat until golden.
- When the linguini and zucchini are cooked, spoon the pesto over the fresh linguini pasta and top with the zucchini.
- Garnish with grated parmesan cheese, sprigs of fresh basil, and whole pine nuts.
Keep refrigerated for up to three weeks.