Tags: Christmas, Dinner, Fall, Gluten Free, Lactose Free, Poultry, Thanksgiving, Winter
Course: Main Course
Coating the turkey with grapeseed oil creates a beautiful golden crust that seals in the juices, keeping the inside tender and moist. If you're lucky enough to have a banana palm tree, we like using banana leaves to cover the turkey while roasting, including wrapping the drumsticks and wings so they do not burn. A more natural option!
- 1 whole turkey
- 3 tbsp Salute Santé! Rosemary Grapeseed Oil
- 3 tbsp Salute Santé! Roasted Garlic Grapeseed Oil
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 3 cups water
- Make a paste by mixing the grapeseed oils and spices together in a small dish.
- Rub the paste thoroughly on the turkey. Allow to marinate for at least 1 hr or up to 1 day before baking. This will allow the flavor to absorb fully into the turkey.
- Place the turkey in a roasting pan with water and bake at 350°F for the appropriate number of hours for turkey weight.
- Cover the wings and legs with foil or banana leaves to prevent burning until the last 20 minutes of cook time.
- Baste the turkey every 20 minutes until done.
Products In This Recipe
Thanksgiving Gift Set
Rosemary Grapeseed Oil 200ml bottle
Roasted Garlic Grapeseed Oil 200ml bottle
Having tasted the results of this endeavor we can vouch for its wonderful taste, smell and texture….super turkey thanks to Salut Sante grapeseed oil!