Gluten Free Oatmeal Pancakes
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Tags: Gluten Free, Healthful, Healthy, Kid Friendly, Whole Wheat
Course: Breakfast, Brunch
This is our all time favorite breakfast for kids and adults. We've been cooking them up for our family for the last 15 years. They're a healthy, delicious, and hearty start to the day, and kids love them! We always add fresh seasonal fruit to the top just before serving.
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour or gluten free mix
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tbsp Salute Santé! Grapeseed Oil
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp turbinado sugar or any sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp grapeseed flour optional
- Combine milk with organic rolled oats in a medium bowl and let sit for 5 minutes to soak.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs.
- Add the Salute Santé! Grapeseed Oil and the beaten eggs to the milk and oatmeal mixture.
- Stir in the gluten free all-purpose flour, grapeseed flour (optional), sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Mix until the dry ingredients are moistened.
- Heat a griddle over medium heat.
- drop 1/4 cup or ladle of batter for each pancake onto the hot griddle.
- Turn the pancakes when the top is bubbly and edges are slightly dry.
- Serve with maple syrup and fresh sliced fruit (banana, peach, pear, apple).
The grapeseed flour adds an extra nutritious kick. It will make the pancake taste slightly heartier and give it a darker color.