Roasted Acorn Squash
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
Tags: Christmas, Healthful, Healthy, Paleo, Side, Simple, Squash, Thanksgiving, Vegetarian
Course: Side Dish
Acorn squash is in season for just a few month out of the year and it's worth picking up a few. The rich nutty flavor makes this a perfect savory side dish.
- 3 acorn squash can substitute delicato
- 1 medium onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3 tbsp Salute Santé! Chili Grapeseed Oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Cut the squash into halves or quarters.
- Place the squash in a baking dish with sliced onions and chopped or minced garlic.
- Rub 3 Tbsp of Salute Santé! Chili Grapeseed Oil over each squash section.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cover with foil and bake for approximately 40 minutes or until the squash have a nice golden color and are tender when poked with a fork.
Each squash serves two as a side dish.