White Truffle Mashed Potatoes
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Tags: Comfort, Dinner, Gluten Free, Gourmet, Potato, Savory, Side, Thanksgiving, Truffle, Vegetarian, White Truffle, Winter
Course: Side Dish
You can add truffle oil to potatoes cooked any way, but we love a good truffle mash. It's an easy way to make a simple dish taste fancy.
- 3 lbs Yukon Gold potatoes
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tbsp Salute Santé! White Truffle Oil
- salt to taste
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into 1-inch chunks.
- Place them in a large, deep saucepan. Cover with water and bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes, until very tender.
- Drain and return the potatoes to the saucepan.
- With a hand mixer, beat the hot potatoes in the pot until they are broken up.
- Slowly add the milk, butter, and white truffle oil.
- Continue beating until the desired creaminess is achieved.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot.
Variations: Add grated parmesan cheese, chopped chives or heavy cream for a smoother mashed potato dish.