Tags: Fried, Fry, Zucchini
Course: Appetizer, Side Dish, Snack
These small fritters are packed with flavor. You can eat them for breakfast, as a side dish, or an appetizer. They are delicious topped with a dollop of sour cream or yogurt and garnished with finely chopped chives.
- 4 medium (1.5lb) zucchini rinsed and ends removed
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour (or all-purpose gluten free flour)
- 1 tbsp Salute Santé! Grapeseed Flour Chardonnay or Merlot
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp fresh parsley chopped
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp Salute Santé! Grapeseed Oil
- sour cream or yogurt to taste
- 1 tbsp chives finely chopped
- Rinse and trim the ends off the zucchini and shred using a grater (4 medium zucchini is about 5 cups shredded).
- Place shredded zucchini in a large mixing bowl and toss with sea salt.
- Place the zucchini in a colander and then place the colander in the mixing bowl so that the water will drain through.
- Use a spatula to press the water out of the zucchini. Discard the liquid and repeat the process. The more water you can remove the better.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine the eggs, crushed garlic, all-purpose flour, grapeseed flour, Parmesan cheese, parsley, and black pepper.
- Stir in the zucchini. The mixture will be lumpy.
- Heat the grapeseed oil in a non-stick skillet on medium-low heat.
- For each pancake, pour 1⁄4 cup of batter into the pan and cook 2-3 minutes per side until golden brown.
- When finished cooking, remove the fritters from the pan and place them on a paper towel to absorb excess oil.
- Serve warm.
- Optional: top with sour cream or yogurt and finely chopped chives.
This recipe will make about 16 fritters
Products In This Recipe
No items found