Beet Hummus, a la Bon Appétit
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Tags: Beet, Dip, Fall, Farm Fresh, Gourmet, Healthful, Healthy, Winter
Course: Appetizer, Snack
Beets add a sweetness to the traditional chickpea hummus. The bright pink dip gives an appetizer spread a gorgeous pop of color.
- 1 large beet
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 2 tbsp Salute Santé! Roasted Garlic Grapeseed Oil
- 1 lemon juiced and zested
- 2 tbsp water more or less as necessary
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- Cut the large beet into quarters.
- Boil the beets in a pot of water for about 15 minutes.
- When finished cooking, slide the skin off the beets while cooling under running water.
- Add beets to a blender or food processor.
- Add chickpeas, lemon zest, lemon juice, tahini, salt, and 2 Tbsp of roasted garlic grapeseed oil to the blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Drizzle in more oil and water until desired consistency is reached.
- Add black pepper to taste.
- Serve with crudités, crackers or as a sandwich spread.
Hummus will keep in the refrigerator for up to one week.