- 2 cups shelled fava beans approx. 2 lbs in pods
- 5 tbsp Salute Santé! Basil Grapeseed Oil
- 1 medium Lemon - juice and zest
- 1 handful fresh basil leaves
- 2 cloves garlic
- 4 tbsp water
- 1/4 tbsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- Shell the outer husk off the fava beans
- Steam or blanch the beans until the inner shell comes loose, about 10 minutes
- Remove the shells from the inner bean by pinching the ends of the pod.
- Blend the fava beans with all other ingredients in blender until creamy.
- If the dip is too thick, add more water until the desired consistency is reached.
- Enjoy with fresh carrot sticks, pea pods or crackers.
2 lbs of fava bean pods will yield just over 2 cups of shelled fava beans.
Products In This Recipe
No items found