Lemon Pound Cake
Tags: Afternoon tea, Baking, Lemon, Party Snack, Pastry
Course: Dessert, Snack
This lemon pound cake is full of citrus flavor, bursting with sweet lemon goodness. The combination of grapefruit and Meyers lemon juice create just the right citrus zing, coupled with the sweetness of a zesty glaze! You will love it!
- 1 cups Enriched flour Or substitute GF flour
- 1 cup Almond Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- 1/4 cup Meyers lemon, juice and zest
- 1/4 cup grapefruit juice
- 1 egg Or substitute flax seed gel or egg substitute for Vegan
- 1/3 cup Salute Santé! Grapeseed Oil
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup apple sauce
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice, about 1/2 lemon
- zest 1 medium lemon Reserve some for finishing
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and oil and flour a loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, sift together the flours, baking powder, baking soda, salt and lemon zest. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg, granulated sugar and Salute Santé! Grapeseed Oil until completely combined. Add apple sauce and lemon and grapefruit juice. Mix.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Transfer the batter to the 1prepared loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes or until done. Do not over-bake. When done, remove from the baking pan immediately and cool completely on a wire rack.
- Cool before adding the glaze.
- Add the powdered sugar, fresh lemon juice, and 2/3 lemon zest to a small bowl. Stir together until smooth.
- Drizzle over cooled loaf or use a spoon to cover the top like a glaze.
- Sprinkle with remaining lemon zest.