Pumpkin Spice Cake
Waiting Time 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour
Tags: cake, Gluten Free, Holiday, Pumpkin, Vegetarian
This is one of our Holiday favorites - beautiful presentation, delicious pumpkin and spices flavor and the spicy aroma of the holidays! Great as a holiday dessert or breakfast treat. Serve with whipped cream or vanilla Ice cream.
- 1/2 cup Salute Santé! Original Grapeseed Oil
- 1 1/2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 2 cups cake flour or Gluten Free flour
- 2-3 tbsp Salute Santé! Grapeseed Flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cup canned or fresh pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- confectioners' sugar, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Butter a rosette pan or other pan. Dust with flour.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, add brown sugar and eggs and beat on high speed until creamy and no longer granular, 6-7 min.
- Gradually add the Salute Santé! Original Grapeseed Oil
- Continue beating until light and fluffy, 3-4 min more.
- Sift together flour, grapeseed flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger and cloves onto a sheet of waxed paper; sift again.
- Fold one-third of dry ingredients into mixture, then half the milk and half the pumpkin; repeat with one-third of dry ingredients.
- Fold in remaining one-third of dry ingredients and milk and pumpkin, then nuts until thoroughly blended.This
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake until cake springs back when touched and pulls away from sides of pan, 35-40 min.
- Let cake cool 5-10 min., then remove from pan.
- Transfer cake to a wire rack and let cool 1 hr.
- Dust with confectioners' sugar before serving.
This cake can be made with gluten free flour- a favorite holiday dish for all!