Squash Blossom Croutons
Tags: Basil, Comfort, Dinner, Gluten Free, Soup, Squash, Summer, Vegetable, Vegetarian, Zucchini
Course: Appetizer, croutons, dips
Is anything more beautiful or says summer better than zucchini blossoms? Bright yellow and inviting, these beauties are great for stuffing or solo then lightly battered and fried. Delicious as a unexpected "cracker" for dips or the finishing touch to our creamy, velvety zucchini and basil soup.
- 1 cup Salute Santé! Grapeseed Oil
- 8 squash blossoms
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs (optional)
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
- 1/4 cup white flour (Gluten Free or All Purpose)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Heat Salute Santé! Grapeseed Oil in a medium skillet over high heat.
- Combine the flour, breadcrumbs, parsley, and salt into one bowl.
- In another bowl beat the egg and water together.
- Place each blossom into the egg mixture and then into the breadcrumb mixture. Coat each blossom thoroughly.
- Pan-fry in the Salute Santé! Grapeseed Oil, until golden brown.
- Remove and place on a paper towel to drain excess oil.
- Serve with Lemon Dip or as a finishing touch on Zucchini and Basil Soup