Austrian Apricot Cake
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
Tags: Apricot, cake, Summer
Also known as Marillenkuchen, this is a classic Austrian dessert. We love it for its light and fluffy cake with layered sweet apricots baked into the top.
- 4 Eggs
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup Salute Santé! Grapeseed Oil. Plus some for tray
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1 tbsp Baking powder
- 2 lbs Apricots Pitted & halved
- Powdered sugar For dusting
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Slice apricots in half.
- Grease a 9” x 11” tray with grapeseed oil and dust with flour.
- Whisk eggs and sugar in a medium bowl until creamy.
- Add the grapeseed oil, flour, salt, and baking powder to the egg and sugar mixture.
- Continue to mix until all dry ingredients are well blended.
- Pour the batter into the prepared tray.
- Cover the entire tray with the half pieces of apricot.
- Bake for 45 minutes until golden.
- Dust with powdered sugar.
Apricots can be substituted with any stone fruit, such as peaches, plums, or cherries. Pitted and halved.