Spiced Honey Cake
Tags: Bake, cake, Healthful, Healthy
Here is a Spiced Honey Cake recipe you’re sure to love! Not overly sweet, it is packed full of fresh spice flavor! Great with an afternoon cup of tea or coffee or a breakfast treat! Thank you Whole Spice for sharing this recipe!
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tsp Saigon cinnamon powder
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg powder or grated whole nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ginger powder
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup Salute Santé! Grapeseed Oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup black tea, freshly brewed 1 tsp of black tea or tea bag + 1/2 cup warm water
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds roasted and unsalted
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg and ginger.
- Whisk the honey and black tea in another bowl.
- In a large bowl, beat together eggs, sugar and vanilla extract with an electric mixer at high speed for 3 minutes.
- Reduce speed to low, and gradually add the oil.
- Then add the honey and tea mixture and mix for an additional minute.
- Add flour mixture and mix until nearly combined.
- Add chopped almonds and finish mixing the batter with a rubber spatula, scraping the bottom of bowl.
- Pour into a cake pan that has been lightly sprayed with oil, and bake in the center rack of the oven for 25 minutes.
- Cool completely (about 30 minutes) before cutting.
- Serve with a dollop of whipped cream or a spoonful of crème fraîche.
A little whipped cream adds a beautiful finish to this spicy cake! The original Spiced Honey Cake recipe can be found on Whole Spice.
Products In This Recipe
No items found