Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins
Tags: Baking, Breakfast, Lemon, Party Snack, Pastry, poppy seed, zest
Treat yourself with our scrumptious lemon poppy seed muffins made with Lemon Infused Salute Santé! Grapeseed Oil. The fresh lemon flavor will remind you of fresh squeezed lemonade! So get ready for lemony goodness with our lemon poppy seed muffins!
- 2 cups Enriched flour Or substitute GF flour (Almond, All Purpose GF)
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp Poppy Seeds
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- 1 medium lemon, juice and zest
- 1 egg Or substitute flax seed gel or egg substitute for Vegan
- 1/3 cup Salute Santé! Lemon Grapeseed Oil
- 2 tsp lemon extract
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice, about 1/2 lemon
- zest 1 medium lemon Reserve some for finishing
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners or spray with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, poppy seeds, baking powder, baking soda, salt, granulated sugar, and lemon zest. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg, fresh lemon juice, lemon extract, Salute Santé! Lemon Infused Grapeseed Oil until completely combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Transfer the batter to the 12 muffin cups, they will be almost filled.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 14-15 minutes or until done. Do not over-bake. When done, remove from the baking pan immediately and cool completely on a wire rack.
- Cool before adding the glaze.
- Add the powdered sugar, fresh lemon juice, and 2/3 lemon zest to a small bowl. Stir together until smooth.
- Drizzle over cooled muffins or use a spoon to cover the tops like a glaze.
- Sprinkle with remaining lemon zest.