Sweet Maine Shrimp Louie Salad
- 2 Heads butter lettuce
- 2 Hard boiled eggs
- 4 Cornichons, 1/4 inch dice
- 1 Stalk celery, 1/4 inch dice
- 1 Avocado
- 1 lb Sweet Maine shrimp
- 1 Green onion, finely diced
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 Cup Salute Santé! Cold Pressed grapeseed oil
- 1/4 Cup Seasoned rice wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Freshly squeezed Meyer lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp Black pepper
- Zest of half a Meyer lemon
- 1 Cup Mayonnaise or Follow Your Heart Vegenaise
- 1/2 Cup Ketchup
- 1/4 Cup Lemon juice
- Tabasco sauce to taste
- Black pepper and salt to taste
- Combine the mayonnaise, ketchup and lemon juice in a bowl.
- Mix with a whisk until well combined.
- Add Tabasco, salt and black pepper to taste.
- Refrigerate until needed.
- Put the green onion and the mustard into a small bowl.
- Whisk in the lemon juice and the vinegar until combined.
- Slowly drizzle in the Salute Santé! Cold Pressed grapeseed oil while continually whisking until all is incorporated.
- Add black pepper and season with salt.
- Let the dressing stand for an hour, then strain to remove the green onion.
- First, remove the stem from the butter lettuce.
- Carefully wash the leaves to remove any excess dirt and spin dry.
- Dress the leaves with the vinaigrette, making sure to get every part of the leaves.
- Arrange the lettuce in four bowls, starting with the large leaves on the bottom and moving to the small leaves to form the shape of a flower.
- Using a spoon, sprinkle the diced egg, cornichon and the celery evenly on top of the four salads.
- Marinate the shrimp with a little of the vinaigrette and distribute evenly between the four salads.
- Drizzle the Louie dressing liberally over each salad.
- Place the remaining Louie dressing on the table for those who enjoy a little extra with their salad.
- Cut the avocado into four pieces lengthwise and then separate from the pit.
- Peel away the skin from each avocado piece and lay them on a cutting board.
- Slice each quarter of avocado 3/4 of the way up.
- Season with salt and pepper and then fan out on top of each salad before serving.
Recipe courtesy of Clint Davies
Products In This Recipe
Cold Pressed Grapeseed Oil 1L can
Cold Pressed Grapeseed Oil 500ML