Wild Mushroom Risotto
Course: Main Course, Side Dish
Comfort food never tasted so good! With the first rains and cool weather approaching, this delicious bowl of warm, cheesy risotto complete with hearty mushrooms is sure to please!
- 1 cup risotto rice
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 cup broth
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 3 Tbsp Salute Santé! Grapeseed Oil
- 1 Tbsp Salute Santé! White Truffle Grapeseed Oil
- 1/2-1 lb wild mushrooms Any combination of shitake, myatake, oyster, hen of the woods, chantarelle mushroms will be wonderful.
- 3 cloves fresh garlic, sliced
- 1/2 tsp saffron Optional
- 1/2 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 med onion, chopped
- salt & pepper to taste
- Add grapeseed oil and butter to sauté pan, heat on medium.
- Chop onion. Add to grapeseed oil heating in pan.
- Add rice and stir until glassy. Add half broth and wine. Let simmer.
- Add butter and stir. Add remaining wine and broth and continue to simmer on low.
- In second sauté pan, heat grapeseed oil low and add fresh sliced garlic and sauté on low heat, careful not to burn.
- Add cut mushrooms and sauté till tender.
- Add mushrooms mixture to risotto pan and toss with 1/2 cup grated parmesean cheese.
- Drizzle Salute Santé! White Truffle Grapeseed Oil over risotto.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve with fresh chopped parsley.
- Add grated cheese and white truffle oil to taste.
- The etherial oils of the white truffle are extremely delicate and sensitive to heat. Best to add when the dish is complete before serving.
Products In This Recipe
Infused White Truffle Grapeseed Oil
Cold Pressed Grapeseed Oil 1L 3-Pack