Banana Nut Bread
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Waiting Time 10 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
Tags: Bake, Bread, Winter
Course: Breakfast, Brunch, Dessert, Snack
Banana nut bread is a winter favorite that we love pairing with a cup of tea or espresso. This recipe makes a delicious and moist loaf that we make all season long.
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup unbleached white flour
- 3/4 cup turbinado sugar or any sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup apple sauce
- 1/3 cup Salute Santé! Grapeseed Oil
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Grease and flour a loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside
- Whisk the egg until foamy in a medium-size bowl.
- Add the apple sauce and Salute Santé! Grapeseed Oil to the egg.
- Stir in the bananas and walnuts.
- Pour the banana mixture over the dry ingredients.
- Mix until all ingredients are combined.
- Batter will be quite stiff. Spoon into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool the pan on a wire rack for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the pan and cool completely on a wire rack.
- Let rest until cool.
- Slice and serve.
Can be made Gluten Free by substituting any All Purpose Gluten Free flour mix