Puréed Winter Squash Soup
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 2 hours
Total Time: 2 hours 30 minutes
Tags: Comfort, Fall, Healthful, Healthy, Lactose Free, Low Cal, Soup, Squash, Vegan, Vegetarian
Course: Main Course
We love winter squash such as pumpkin, butternut, and acorn and they're so plentiful during the winter months. You don't need to add any heavy cream to make this soup rich and velvety. Making it a healthy yet decadent winter comfort food.
- Preheat oven to 350º
- Cut the squash or pumpkin in half or into large sections. You do not need to peel the skin at this time.
- Chop the onion and garlic.
- Place the squash in a baking dish and add the onion and garlic.
- Spread the Salute Santé! Chili Grapeseed Oil over all the squash sections.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and half of the sugar.
- Bake 60 to 90 minutes until tender.
- When squash is tender and can be pierced easily with a fork, remove the onion and garlic from the baking dish and place in a soup pot.
- Sauté the onion and garlic in Salute Santé! Grapeseed Oil for about 7 minutes.
- Scoop the squash out of the shell. Add it to the soup pot with the stock.
- Add the remaining sugar to the pot.
- Bring to a boil and then simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove the soup from the heat and let it cool slightly.
- Puree until creamy and thick.