Shrimp Lettuce Cups
Tags: Healthful, Healthy, Seafood, Spring, Summer
Course: Brunch, Main Course, Salad
What a great recipe for a hot night’s dinner! Delicious as a main dish or as a starter, it never fails to impress!
- 1 lb Cooked Shrimp small or large cut into halves
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped red pepper
- 1/4 cup minced scallions
- 1 stalks celery diced
- 6-12 butter leaves washed and dried
- 1 avocado cut into cube pieces
- 1 Tbsp fresh horseradish grated
- 2 Tbsp Salute Santé! Lemon Grapeseed Oil
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Red Jalapeno Aioli
- 1 cup Salute Santé! Original Grapeseed Oil
- 3 tbsp Perfect Purée Red Jalapeño Puree
- Salute Santé! Chili Infused Grapeseed Oil to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- Chop the shrimp into ½-inch pieces and put them in a medium-sized bowl.
- Toss in the red pepper, red onion, scallions, celery and horseradish into the same bowl with the shrimp. Drizzle with lemon grapeseed oil, lime juice, salt and pepper.
- Toss well. Let sit to combine flavors. Prepare the red jalapeno aioli.
- Add red jalapeño purée to a mixer bowl.
- Slowly whisk in Salute Santé! Grapeseed oil, one drop at a time.
- Continue adding all the grapeseed oil until emulsified and sauce thickens.
- Add a splash of Salute Santé! Chili Infused Grapeseed Oil for desired spiciness and salt and pepper to taste.
- Arrange lettuce leaves on a large platter. Evenly spoon shrimp mixture into each leaf.
- Drizzle aioli atop the lettuce cups, garnished with the chopped cilantro.
This dish can be made with any cooked seafood instead of shrimp. We love the Red Jalapeño Aioli as a dip or sauce for grilled meats or veggies, fried snacks or chips. Made with Perfect Puree Red Jalapeńo Puree.
Products In This Recipe
Chili Grapeseed Oil 200ml bottle
Cold Pressed Grapeseed Oil 1L 3-Pack