The secret to capturing summer freshness on the grill.
Summer grilling is a simple, spontaneous, and relaxed way to entertain. The outdoor grill is the perfect forum for friendship and good company. Whether you are sharing fresh fish with a well-paired wine, recapping the day’s adventures over epic burgers, or serving up a treasured family favorite at a reunion – the communal experience around the table is one of the great pleasures of life.
Invite your friends for a casual get together. Long summer days, firefly evenings, and a good meal make for brilliant memories. Just gather a few staples from the pantry, fresh vegetables from the garden or local market, and your main dish and you’re ready to fire up the grill!
Salute Santé! – The Chef’s Choice
Salute Santé! Grapeseed Oil is loved and respected by world-class chefs – but you don’t need to be a pro to appreciate its cooking attributes. Grapeseed oil’s high smoke point makes it ideal for cooking at temperatures up to 485°F. Its neutral taste lets the ideal flavor profile shine through, and the light vibrancy of the all-natural oil doesn’t weigh ingredients down with oily textures or aftertaste. Salute Santé! Grapeseed Oil is your perfect signature ingredient for the home grill.
Steps to Seamless Grilling
- Salute Santé! Grapeseed Oil
- Salute Santé! Infused Grapeseed Oils (Try Roasted Garlic, Lemon, and Basil)
- Salute Santé! Napa Valley Artisanal Balsamic Vinegar
- Sea Salt & Fresh ground pepper
- Use a grapeseed oil based marinade to prepare your steak or fish before grilling. Or, if you don’t have time to make your own, try one of our infused grapeseed oils. Roasted garlic, lemon and basil are popular choices or try our chili pepper oil if you like it bold and with a little kick.
- Give your steak and other ingredients time to come up to room temperature before you begin grilling.
- Slice vegetables evenly and brush lightly with grapeseed oil to prevent sticking to the grates.
- Grill pans are perfect for small or delicate items that might break apart or fall through grill grates – think light fish, string beans, and asparagus. Brush with grapeseed oil before adding your ingredients. (Tip: If you are hosting vegetarian friends, cook their meal on a separate grill pan. They’ll appreciate your consideration for keeping their dish off the meaty grill grates!)
- Remember to add salt and pepper before placing on the grill.
Chef’s tips for grilling the perfect steak or fillet of fish
- Make sure the grill is hot. The desired temperature is at least 400°F.
- Begin with a good hot sear, it seals in moisture and flavorful juices.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes per side, rotating 2-3 times, until a golden color and crispy crust are achieved.
- Let your meat rest at least 5 minutes before serving. A good rule of thumb is one third of the total grill time.
Tips for healthy grilling
- Grapeseed oil is perfect for seasoning cast iron grill grates or pans.
- Use a thermometer and know your temperatures.
- When using skewers, give your food room to breathe and cook properly. Packing skewers too tightly can lead to undercooked meats.
- If you are using charcoal, be sure to keep the flame in check. Direct fire on food can cause carcinogenic properties to form and can dry out your dish.
- Last but not least – always start with a clean grill, and clean as you go. Remember to brush the grates clear and give your work surfaces a good wipe down before closing up for the night. You’ll thank yourself when you open up for the next meal!
Before you go…
If you have plans to visit your friends or family and enjoy an outdoor grill this summer remember our Grapeseed Oil Cooking Sets make an ideal host gift that will be appreciated long after the wine is finished.
Our Favorite Summer Grilling Recipes